Military Driving Experience
MAALT is a Proud supporter of ESGR, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
Military Driving experience of one year qualifies you to drive for MAALT
To quickly validate your Military Driving experience please provide one or all of these forms
This position is responsible for the safe and on-time delivery of non-hazardous material (sand) to customer sites using company equipment. This position is a front-line contact with MAALT customers and represents MAALT in the public on a daily basis. This position reports to the Terminal Manager with a dotted line to Dispatch.
• Operate all equipment in a safe & effective manner adhering to DOT (Federal and State) regulations and company rules and regulations.
• Understand all aspects of the operational specifications (PSI gauges, operating pressures, etc.) of assigned equipment (truck, trailer, and blower).
• Perform pre and post trip inspections of equipment.
• Use handheld devices to accept loads and record activities throughout the day, ensuring all items are accurately entered, including logging into and out of XATA daily.
• Driver always ensures loads are entered into handheld.
• Delivering material (sand) on-time to customer sites.
• Work with MAALT staff (Site Supervisors) when on-site at customer locations, taking directions as instructed.
• Attach hoses at customer site for sand blow off.
• Regular contact with Dispatchers to advise of status.
• When delivering sand, ensure sand is put into the proper container, ensuring sand contamination never occurs .
• Ensure all required documentation is complete, authorized, and submitted in a timely manner.
• Maintains Driver log and follows Hours of Service as required by State or Federal regulations.
• Be familiar with and follow all customer and MAALT safety and operating standard operating procedures.
• Maintain records as instructed. (Including but not limited to: Pre/Post Inspections, Logs, Trip Reports, and Fuel Receipts)
• Attends and participates in meetings as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must possess a valid Class A CDL
• A current DOT medical card
• 1 year of recent driving experience, or 9 months involving material delivery using a pneumatic trailer
• Be able to pass; a drug test, background check, a Motor Vehicle Records search, and submit to drug tests during employment.
• Must always use/wear personal protective equipment (PPE) while working.
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and communicates clearly and effectively.
• Exercises good judgment when loading, unloading, and travelling to and from each job.
• Prepares and maintains excellent records (both paper and handheld based).
Maintains assigned company equipment in a clean and safe manner.
Maintains a professional appearance and promotes a positive image of the company.
Available and willing to work full time shifts, including off-hours, weekends, holidays, and as needed.
Available and willing to travel inter and intra state, based on MAALT’s customer requirements.
One year Class A CDL driving experience within the last 3 years
High school or equivalent
Maalt Transport Copyright 2015
4413 Carey Street
Fort Worth, TX 76119